We believe that the best way to succeed in our goal of preparing youth for parenting is to empower fellow professionals with tools, training and conceptual framework to deliver our programs effectively. ETP’s programs for professionals meet the needs of practitioners in all aspects of teen health and wellness education.
New Frontiers For Healthy Families
ETP’s “New Frontiers for Healthy Families” is a 1-2 hour presentation for professionals including social workers, psychologists, health educators, healthcare professionals, youth program leaders and mentors.
This workshop introduces attendees to a paradigm shift and ETP’s conceptual framework. The founder, Randi Rubenstein, describes the innovative aspects of ETP’s programs and the program components. Drawing upon ETP’s experience in conducting over 100 programs for more than 2,000 teens, the founder is able to share unique insights into teen perspectives, the programs’ successes, and lessons learned.
Professionals gain valuable information and skills to assist with communication, assessment, and case management. ETP’s pilot data and bibliographic references are also provided.
Testimonials from professionals about ETP’s New Frontiers presentation
I learned how to connect with youth to help them plan.
I learned so much! I love the Paradigm Shift. So non-threatening, interactive, and collaborative.
I will be changing my approach and words in discussing parenting with youth. I am also going to be encouraging staff and foster parents and youth to attend this class!!
Train-the-Trainer and Instructor Kits for Healthy Foundations
Educators and youth leaders can directly implement the ETP’s Healthy Foundations program. Instructor Kits include a notebook and flash drive containing the PowerPoint slides and videos. Train-the-trainer workshops are 8-hour programs led by the founder, with additional insights into teen perspectives and responses.
Professional and Conference Presentations
- California Adolescent Health Conference – Los Angeles, CA
- California Department of Health – Sacramento, CA
- Preconception Health Council
- Greenville Hospital System Children’s Advocacy – Greenville, SC
- LA Pregnant and Parenting Adolescent Task Force – Los Angeles, CA
- North Carolina Foster & Adoptive Parent Annual Conference 2012 – Charlotte, NC
- Orange County Children and Family Services – Orange, CA
- Court Managers
- Foster Care Advisory Board
- Multi-Treatment Services Dept.
- Orange County Dept. of Education – Santa Ana, CA
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Collaborative
- Orange County Substance Abuse Prevention Network – Costa Mesa, CA
- Saddleback College – Mission Viejo, CA
- Foster and Kinship Care Education program
- University of Southern California – Irvine, CA
- School of Social Work – Seminars for grad students
- National Training Institute Annual Conference 2009 – Los Angeles, CA
- Zero to Three