Healthy Foundations for Future Families
Do you wish you could find ready-to-use family health lessons that will let you spend less time creating and updating your materials, and have more personal time outside the classroom? Do you wish you could find high quality materials that can be flexibly used for both classroom and distance learning, and inspire students’ participation?
Your wishes have been granted!
ETP has your needs in mind as your partner in educating teens about family health and the parenting stage of life. We offer tried-and-true curriculum that has been implemented in a wide variety of schools and programs for the past 16 years.
Our educational materials inspire teens to think about their life-goals and consider the many factors that can affect a future family and children’s wellbeing. With teens’ personal goals as their backdrop for learning, ETP provides science-based knowledge about family health as stepping-stones to fulfilling their dreams.
To maintain excellence, we’ve continually updated the science and statistics included in our educational materials.
ETP’s educational materials are perfect for anyone instructing teens ages 13-19 in:
- Health Education classes
- Family and Consumer Sciences classes
- Interpersonal Relationships classes
- Teen Life Skills courses and programs
- Home schooling
- Alternative schools
- Pregnant and parenting teens programs
- Foster youth programs
- Probation youth programs
- Rehabilitation youth programs
- Faith-based youth programs.
While ETP’s materials are intended primarily for teens who are not yet pregnant or parenting, they are also highly relevant for teen parents. Topics related to caring for children and managing family are particularly timely for them. And because teen parents are still in their childbearing years, preconception information and planning can help these teens make healthy choices on behalf of their future children.
Engaging and easy for students to use.
- Classroom management is a breeze because the lessons are fun, interactive, and meaningful.
- Accessible for students at different learning levels and abilities.
- All materials are fully inclusive, respecting differences in cultures, faiths, gender, and sexual orientation.
Easy for you to use.
- No prep time needed! You can use the materials “right out of the box.”
- Maximum flexibility with a modular design (freestanding lessons and modules) which can be used separately or together.
- Aligns with Essential Standards in secondary schools for Health Education and Family and Consumer Sciences classes.
We’ve designed our materials so that you can choose as many or as few resources as you need to achieve your teaching objectives and guide teens to learn and plan for healthy families.
We’re deeply grateful to our generous donors who are funding this work, enabling us to devote the necessary time and resources for creating high quality materials. Their generosity is also enabling us to make our materials affordable for teachers and schools.
Together, we can inspire, inform, and empower teens to make healthy choices for their lives and for their future children.Video produced by ETP student Natalie Green
Join ETP’s E-news for Teachers to stay up-to-date on Family Health topics while optimizing your time and energy.
Once you’re on ETP’s distribution list, you’ll be at the forefront to receive new family health facts and stats + teaching tips. PLUS you’ll receive free activities, conversation starters, and worksheets to supplement your lessons. You’ll have more energy to keep your students engaged, while offering them vital information and life skills.